LimeSDR Mini is ideal for developing logic-intensive wireless systems, and can be used as-is for small and medium volume production quantities or incorporated into cost-optimized products for mass production.
LimeSDR vs LimeSDR Mini
The LimeSDR and LimeSDR Mini are members of the same family of software-defined radios. One does not replace the other. Rather, they are complementary.
Simply put, the LimeSDR Mini is a smaller, less expensive version of the original LimeSDR. However, it still packs a punch – at its core, the LimeSDR Mini uses the same LMS7002M radio transceiver as its big sibling. The Mini has two channels instead of four and, by popular demand, SMA connectors instead of micro U.FL connectors, and features Intel’s MAX 10 FPGA.
We’ve shipped many thousands of LimeSDR Mini boards, along with thousands of the larger LimeSDR boards. Both of which are built on the same supply chain, development tools and community, in a way that makes software-defined radio more accessible than ever.
Features & Specifications
RF transceiver: Lime Microsystems LMS7002M
FPGA: Altera MAX 10 (10M16SAU169C8G)
- 169-pin FBGA package
- 16 K Les
- 549 KB M9K memory
- 2,368 KB user flash memory
- 4 x fractional phase locked loops (PLLs)
- 45 x 18×18-bit multipliers
- 130 x general purpose input/output (GPIO)
- Single supply voltage
- Flash feature
- FPGA configuration via JTAG
EEPROM memory: 2 x 128 KB for RF transciever MCU firmware and data
Flash memory: 1 x 4 MB flash memory for data
General user inputs/outputs:
- 2 x dual color (red + green) LED
- 8 x FPGA GPIO pinheader (3.3 V)
- USB 3.0 Type-A (FTDI FT601 controller)
- 2 x coaxial RF (SMA) connectors (each can be switched between high and low frequency bands)
- U.FL connector for external clock source
- FPGA GPIO headers
- FPGA JTAG connector
- 30.72 MHz onboard VCTCXO
- Possibility to tune VCTCXO with onboard DAC
- External clock input via U.FL connector
Board dimensions: 69 mm x 31.4 mm
Board weight: 20 grams