The LimeNET campaign brings together three incredibly powerful, flexible systems that we believe will democratise wireless innovation. In our fifth in a short series of blog posts following the launch of the LimeNET campaign we look at the LimeNET Core – which is a fantastically powerful gaming PC designed to support the carrier-grade equipment of the LimeNET – perfectly working alongside the 4×4 MIMO LimeSDR QPCIe board and LimeNET Power Amplifier – as well as for systems small-network mobile comms, for example in hotel rooms and office facilities.
Further information is also available on the Crowd Supply page, which you visit here to back and share this important campaign.
A look inside
- Form factor: ASUS X99-M WS micro-ATX
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6950X, 10 cores, 20 threads, 3 GHz (3.5 GHz boost), 25 MB smart cache
- Memory: 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4 2133 MHz
- Storage: 1 TB SATA 3 M.2 SSD
- Video: GIGABYTE GV-N210SL-1GI graphics card with NVIDIA GeForce 210
- Audio: 8-channel Crystal Sound 2 and 12,000-hour capacitors
- Connectivity: 2 x USB 3.1, 4 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 8 x SATA 6 Gb/s, 2 x Gigabit Ethernet, 3×3 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 1 x Bluetooth 4.0
- Power supply: Internal PSU: Corsair CX750M, 750 W with six cooling fans
- Enclosure: Coated aluminum measuring 26.5 x 27.0 x 26.0 cm
The Core’s radio
- Internal LimeSDR QPCIe)
- Shielding: CNC-milled aluminum enclosure
- Antennas: 4 x
- Cables: 4 x U.FL (inside aluminum case)
- Transmit Range: Approximately 15 meters for LTE
- Power Amplifier: Compatible with LimeNET PA Module
- Filters: Compatible with LimeNET PA Module
A closer look
The following image shows the current internal components of the LimeNET Core. The exact make and model of the RAM and SSD components may change based on availability at the time of manufacture.
|1. Intel Core i7 – 6950X Processor Extreme Edition|
|2. Crucial CT16G4DFD8213 64GB (4x 16GB) DDR4 2133 MHz|
|3. Pre-amp bracket: MIMO 15 db LNA, MIMO TX SAW filter, MIMO 20 db PA|
|4. GIGABYTE GV-N210SL-1GI graphics card with NVIDIA GeForce 210|
|5. Crucial MX300 SATA 3 internal 1 TB SSD w/ M.2 interface|
|6. Corsair CX750MW Power Supply Unit|
|7. LimeSDR QPCIe board|
|8. ASUS X99-M WS micro-ATX mainboard|
How much will it cost and when will it be delivered?
Throughout the campaign we will discount the board to $7,699 USD, thereafter it will rise to $8,099 if ordered before the first batch ships, or $8499 thereafter.
The Core will ship from November 2017.