The LMS6002 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including M2M, SDR, comms equipment and consumer technology. For example, the proven technology has been used by private companies, governmental and military organisations to create a myriad of wireless broadband technologies – from whitespace radios to disaster relief networks to communications infrastructure devices.
The LMS6002D can be digitally configured to operate on any mobile communications frequency bands (300MHz to 3.8GHz) and be used on any 2G, 3G or 4G mobile communications standard. Additionally, users can easily configure the device to run with 16 bandwidths up to 28MHz
The chip incorporates a multiplicity of RF inputs and outputs to enable a wide range of features to be implemented. Its 12-bit ADC and DAC blocks allow it to directly interface with virtually any baseband, DSP and FPGA ICs.
The LMS6002D has a standard Serial Port Interface (SPI) for programming and includes provision for a full RF calibration. The device combines LNA, PA driver, RX/TX mixers, RX/TX filters, synthesizers, RX gain control, and TX power control with very few external components.
The LMS6002D replaces several individual transceiver chips and allows equipment to be reconfigured rapidly and simply. This enables a considerable reduction in size, time to market, bill of materials and inventory. Fine tuning has resulted in performance optimisations which will allow system designers to use fewer peripheral components, further reducing the bill of materials and cost.
The LMS6002D is packaged in a 9x9mm 120-pin aQFN package, and is available with an evaluation board and associated software.
- Single chip transceiver
- Covers 300MHz to 3.8GHz
- Fully differential baseband signals
- Few external components
- Programmable modulation bandwidth: 1.5, 1.75, 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.84, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8.75, 10, 12, 14, 20 and 28MHz
- Supports both FDD and TDD full duplex
- Integrated high performance 12-bit ADC and DAC
- Low voltage operation, 1.8V and 3.3V
- Standby current less than 1mA
- Tx RF output +6dBm, continuous wave
- 120 pin DQFN package
- Provision for Full Calibration
- Power down
- Serial interface
- LMS6002Dr2 Datasheet
- LMS6002Dr2-Programming and Calibration Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- LMS6002DFN PCB layout recommendations
- LMS6002D S-parameters